Bring your exceptional sales skills and passion for the equestrian industry to a diverse role working for the world’s leading saddle brands. Building profitable revenue growth in the UK equestrian market for the world’s premier saddle company.
Take this opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading equestrian sales teams. Inspired, professional, motivated and above all else, happy to be working together to deliver great results. If you are looking to work for a company that supports your sales growth and delivers to you an effective, driven and enjoyable working environment, Saddlery Brands International is the team to join.
High-performance Bates saddles and easy-care Wintec saddles have earned a reputation for excellence and innovation with many patented creative solutions for optimising horse and rider performance.
Inspired by the success achieved internationally where our knowledgeable saddle experts have been empowered to support retailers directly, we set up a team based in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire SBI UK to distribute Bates & Wintec products to UK retailers. The SBI business is now in its third year and is rapidly expanding.
The Saddlery Brands International team take a customer service driven approach, offer saddle fitting advice, industry leading training programmes and community focussed strategies that will work in conjunction with our extensive marketing support to generate strong sales growth with our retail partners.
The role of the Business Development Account Manager is key to the company’s exceptional customer service delivery and commercial success. The role is office based in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, with field-based customer account visits predominantly in the UK, with additional work through France and Germany.
Working as part of an effective team, you will be responsible for driving business growth through our retail partners. With substantial travel in the UK around trade shows, events and building relationships with distributors and agents.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about horses and meeting customer needs and can hit the ground running in this exciting and rewarding role.
To exceed budgeted sales targets and develop business with an established base of retail customers in your territory by:
- Developing strong business relationships with all retailers
- Identifying and maximising all sales opportunities within your territory
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing plans for each of our retailers to grow sales of Bates Saddles and Wintec Saddles
- Driving sales forward in the UK market, with additional focus on France
- Delivering training and saddle fitting advice to retailers
- Working on Bates & Wintec stands at key equestrian events to promote our products to riders
- Develop and implement customer-focused bespoke sales and marketing plans
- To be an expert in your field and keep up to date with industry trends to enable you to speak with confidence.
Experience and knowledge
- A proven track record within a field sales environment (minimum 2 years)
- Experience in business to business sales
- Equestrian industry business experience desirable, not essential
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to overcome objections.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of developing business opportunities and exceeding sales targets in a field based sales role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of equestrian retail
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong team player and a confident influencer
- Target driven
- A high level of drive, self-motivation and be an effective team player
- French-speaking essential
- Holds a full and current Passport
- Holds a clean and current UK driving licence
- A passion for the equestrian industry and ideally an understanding of the importance and principles of saddle fitting.
- A strong equestrian background.
The company is offering a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package. There is a real opportunity to take on greater responsibility as the business grows. Based at the companies UK Head Office in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire and with substantial travel around the UK for client meetings, trade shows, events and building relationships with customers. Further focus work through France, with European travel, will be required.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply by email to email@example.com
Please attach your CV and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Interviewing of competitive candidates will take place through July 2019